This Is How a French Girl Puts a Fresh Spin on Basics


Who What Wear: How did you come up with the idea for Hit the Road Jacques?

Jeanne Faucher: I've always created things. Since my 20s, I designed jewelry, clothes, and reworked vintage pieces. So one day I just thought with a friend, hey, let's create a new brand. And we started Hit the Road Jacques.

WWW: How would you describe the style?

JF: Hit the Road Jacques is really inspired by vintage. In the beginning, we were a vintage brand. With time and experience, the brand evolved and I eventually created the collections from start to finish myself. I designed, chose the fabrics, etc. Since last October, I exited the fashion calendar system, because I really thought it was not my identity anymore, and I started to do vintage and new custom again. So I will say Jacques is about finding that successful piece, rethinking it, and repurposing it while always keeping it accessible and not too serious.

WWW: How would you describe the Hit the Road Jacques customer?

JF: What I love the most is that I have all sorts of customers: guys, girls, young people and more mature ones. The Hit The Road Jacques customer is all about freedom, as is my brand. Anyone can have a heartbeat seeing one piece, and I am really proud of this huge diversity. It is a real force, and real chance for me to learn about fashion market and adaptability.

WWW: How does it put a fresh spin on French-girl style?

JF: For me, fashion is over. Everything has already been done, and done and done again. Now, the new will be in looks creation, fabrics, or original ideas. So for me to always come up with new products, anytime I want or anytime it's needed, is a really fresh spin. It proves that we do not have to follow the rules and fashion calendars anymore. We can be free and just share passion, fresh and fun moments around the clothing universe.

WWW: How are the pieces made?

JF: I do vintage shops in Paris, finds on the internet, and sometimes even go into some of my friends' closet and take things I feel are cool or useful. Then I order my patches and finishes and then think Okay, what can we do with you, cute snake patch, and with you, cool black jumper...and boom, they go together, and they lived happily ever after.

WWW: What is your favorite piece from the new capsule collection?

JF: That's a hard one. I would say no one piece because it is the coherent story infusing all my ideas together that I love most. (But I would say I really love all the snakes pieces.)

Head below to see more from the label.



via Who What Wear http://ift.tt/2thnvsj

0 comments: